Monday, February 10, 2014

Frozen

Frozen
Rating: PG
Time: 102 Minutes
Genre: Animation/Adventure
Year: 2013
My Rating: 6.5

I had heard so much hype about this movie, I figured that it must be amazing. But it wasn't. It was a cute movie with a couple fun songs. Something that was really good about it was that the Disney princess, Anna, was a very realistic princess. For example, she LOVES chocolate. Even just the smell. As does her sister, the queen. Anna was clumsy and talks to pictures on her walls. She had a very strong personality. But, aside from her flaws, she was very comfortable with who she was and loved herself for her differences.
There are a couple fun supporting characters in the film as well. The snowman, Olaf, is quite hilarious. He is one of the characters you think you will not like, but then love him by the end. And the male characters were just as strong as the female characters, so that they weren't overpowered by the large personalities of the women.
The singing in this movie is overdone. No other way to say it. There were two songs that I liked out of the nine songs in the movie. Lots of songs. Yeah. It really seemed to me like the makers of this film were trying way too hard to make a movie with music everyone would love. No success in that area.
Another complaint I have is about Elsa, the older sister and queen. At the beginning they mention her 'coming of age.' So I'm thinking she's either 18 or 21. It wasn't ever actually said how old she was. She was voice by Idina Menzel, who is 42. And when she sang, you could totally tell. The voice was way older than the character. Yes, Idina Menzel has an incredible singing voice, but I think they should have chosen someone else to be Elsa because Idina's voice is just too old for the character.
It was a cute movie, but not one that I felt was worth paying for to see. So I have to give it  6.5 out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment