Sunday, February 23, 2014

Cellular

Cellular
Rating: PG-13
Time: 95 minutes
Genre: Action/Drama
Year:2004
My Rating: 6.5
A mother is kidnapped by none other than Jason Statham. She is told that her husband has a secret and they want to know it, but she has no clue. She is able to get a phone call from a very broken phone out to only one phone number. She reaches Ryan, played by Chris Evans, and this young man has to help save her and her family.
I remember seeing trailers for this movie when it was in theaters. It was one that I wanted to see, but never got around to it, then forgot about. I saw it at the library and remembered thinking it looked good. And then I watched it.
It wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but it was a fun movie to watch. My husband and I started watching it pretty late, and we were only going to watch half of it then go to bed, but it was very good at holding out attention. So we stayed up late and finished it. 
This is one of Chris Evans' earlier films, and it is obvious. He hasn't gotten very good at acting yet. He's good, but not great. Also, William H. Macy was in this movie, as a pretty serious character. Which was hard for me, because I've really only seen him in Mystery Men and The Maiden Heist, both of which are comedies. He did a great job with this character. 
This movie had a lot of intense moments and there was some swearing, one use of the F word that I noticed. Overall it was a good movie to see and I may watch it again in the future, but I wouldn't buy it. I therefore give this movie a 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment