Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Jack Reacher

Jack Reacher
Rating: PG-13
Time: 130 Minutes
Genre: Action/Crime
Year: 2012
My Rating: 6.5
My husband and I found this movie on Netflix; Netflix is fantastic. I had a lot of fun watching it. It was about a sniper shooting of 5 supposedly random people. The man accused was obviously guilty. But was he? That's where Jack Reacher came in. He paid attention to the details and figured out who was guilty and who wasn't. But he saw himself, not as above the law, but simply as giving justice to those who deserved it regardless of the law. 
Tom Cruise did a fantastic job as this character, as he tends to do with rough and tough dudes. The acting was really good through the whole film. The story did get confusing at points, which may have had to do with the fact that everyone talked so darn quietly through the whole thing. My husband and I kept missing things, but we didn't want to turn up the volume too much and risk waking our child when there were action scenes, which were loud. 
It was a good mystery to solve and was done very well, but Jack Reacher is a very violent man. In his attempts to justice, he is pretty vicious with some of those bad guys. And the bad guys are pretty vicious with some of the good guys, too. 
I did like that there weren't any sex scenes. These macho men tend to have a sex scene and it was nice not to have one. Huzzah. I give this movie a 6.5 overall. It was a fun one to see, but I don't really care to see it again. I won't complain if someone wants me to watch it with them though. I just won't pick it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment