Monday, March 17, 2014

RED 2

RED 2
Rating: PG-13
Time: 116 Minutes
Genre: Action/Comedy
Year: 2013
My Rating: 4.5
This movie was such a letdown. I LOVED the first one, as you can see in the previous post, but this was just lacing. As far as action films go, it did have a lot of action. This just wasn't as funny of a movie as the last one. The action scenes were way over the top.
One large complaint is the characters. The personalities of characters changed a lot from how they were in the first film. The character Martin, for example, was ridiculous and weird and hilarious in the first movie. In this one he was pretty serious and dull. He did some weird things, but it seemed like the movie makers were just like, "Oh, I guess we need to add some weirdness to make him seem like he was in the last movie." But they didn't make him like the last movie, in which he was fantastic.
I am also bothered by the fact that there were at least four different bad guys. By the end of the movie, all of them had switched sides. Some started good and ended bad, some started bad but ended good. It was just repetitive. I don't like repetition in movies.
This movie was one that felt like a waste of my time. I'm happy I just checked it out from the library instead of paying to see it. I am rating it at a 4.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment