Monday, March 24, 2014

Divergent

Divergent
Rating: PG-13
Time: 139 Minutes
Genre: Action/Adventure
Year: 2014
My Rating: 7.5
I had a lot of fun seeing this movie. My sister and I went to an 11:00 PM 'pre-show' because there were no midnight showings in the valley. I was really excited to see it because I really love the book. But as with most movies made from books, I was pretty scared that they would ruin the story. 
This movie was really great! I was happy with how well it followed the book. There were a few additions that I was like, "What? That wasn't in the book!" However, when I really thought about it, they helped make it a better movie and will also help with explanations of things that happen in the second and third book. 
As far as acting goes, I was very happy with Shailene Woodley. I had watched the tv show Secret Life of the American Teenager, where she is the main character, and wasn't sure how she would do as the main character of this story. She did amazing! I was really impressed with her acting ability in this movie. And Theo James, who I had never heard of, did a fantastic job as well. The acting was very successful all around. My one complaint as far as acting is concerned is that Miles Teller, who played Peter, wasn't angry enough. He's such an angry, grumpy, and violent guy in the book, and didn't meet that criteria in the movie. 
The filming was really great for the most part, but there were parts where the camera was shaky or just moved really fast around people and it gave me a headache. 
I really had fun seeing this movie. The action parts were done really well. I give this movie a 7.5 out of 10. I am thinking that it is one I would like to own, but I won't be majorly upset if I don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment