Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thor: The Dark World

Thor: The Dark World
Rating: PG-13
Time: 112 Minutes
Genre: Action/Fantasy
Year: 2013
My Rating: 7
This movie was so much better than the first one. That one, although a fun one to watch, wasn't really that great of a movie. Thor: The Dark World had a lot more character development and a much better villain.
Christopher Eccleston did a fantastic job as the dark elf Malekith. I didn't even recognize him, he did such a great job. (I recognized his face, but his voice was so different, as well as the way he carried himself.) Chris Hemsworth was a fantastic Thor as always. I think he was pretty much born to play Thor. He was awesome. Tom Hiddleston continues to do a phenomenal job as Loki, the God of Mischief. The acting all around was quite spectacular. 
The fantasy factor in this film was great. This is definitely a fantasy film. I do enjoy me a good fantasy. It was also very action packed. The plot was very strong and made for some great development of the characters and the story. There were some new characters added that helped bring some new flair to the film that there wasn't in the first one. 
This was a fun movie and I could see myself owning it, but that wouldn't be particularly necessary. I give the movie a 7 out of 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment