Monday, February 10, 2014

Seabiscuit

Seabiscuit
Rating: PG-13
Time: 140 Minutes
Genre: Drama/Historical
Year: 2003
My Rating: 8
This movie was very well done. It had some very fantastic actors and actresses. And it was a movie about the underdog accomplishing something great. I really enjoy movies like that. And even better, it is also based on a true story. I haven't seen Jeff Bridges in very many movies, but I have always loved his acting ability. He is very talented and it was great to see  him in this movie.  
Something that was good about this movie was that even though it was long, it kept moving. No super slow moments. This was nice because it kept my attention well. However, there were some moments where I would have liked to have more done. For example, when the characters Charles Howard and Marcela were falling in love. It really just had one or two moments then BAM they were married. Maybe that was how it happened in real life, and it was ok because this wasn't the main part of the movie. I just wanted a little bit more about their relationship.
The challenges that Seabiscuit and his jockey, Red, had were so well portrayed. It made the movie very emotional and had me feeling close to the characters. This is just an all around good movie!
I know that in the final race between the horses Seabiscuit and War Admiral was filmed so that it looked like some of the actual pictures taken from the race in 1938. It was so great to see the movie following the actual event so well.
This movie is one I would love to own and I have rated it at at 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment