Monday, February 10, 2014

The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger
Rating: PG-13
Time: 149 minutes
Genre: Action/Adventure
Year: 2013
My Rating: 4
Although this wasn't the worst movie I have ever seen, it was not that fantastic, either. It starts out after the characters are old, and the Native American, Tonto, tells the tale of the Lone Ranger. First, I must say that Johnny Depp is NOT a Native American. He is a fantastic actor, but I just kept having a hard time seeing him as Tonto. He did do very well though.
I did not expect this movie to have much humor in it, but it surely did. It was fun and refreshing to have a laugh here and there through the movie. Those were the best parts. The movie was quite violent for a PG-13 movie. I was surprised that Disney was ok being so violent. There was a strange mix of characters in the film, many of which could probably have been left out. It was though the producers were like, "The main characters sure don't do much, we had better add a ton of random other characters to make the movie long enough." 
There were some fantastic musical moments in the movie. I was thinking, "Man, this is a really cool movie score" when they went into the William Tell Overture. And I laughed, because that song makes me laugh when it is played to people riding horses, as it is always used. Then there was some more great new music. And then we had William Tell all over again. And it just kept coming back up. I was so sick of the song by the end of the movie. There is more music than just that one song to play while men are racing around on horses.
The movie did have some pretty great cinematography, so I feel that I can't score it too extremely low. And the actor who was the Lone Ranger, Armie Hammer, did do a fantastic job. It was a fun movie to see, but I will never see it again and I am totally ok with that. I have scored it at a 4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment